Browse our frequently asked questions to learn more about Everpure products and water purification in general.
- Where can I locate an Everpure dealer?
- Who do I call for installation or service support?
- How do I find the part number I need?
- How often should I change my cartridges?
- How do I remove “used” cartridges and install new ones?
- Why do cartridges plug up?
- Why do cartridges have to be flushed when first installed?
- What does it mean to be NSF certified?
- Is an Everpure drinking water system easy to install?
- Can I return my Everpure product that I purchased online?
Where can I locate an Everpure dealer?
Who do I call for installation or service support?
Contact Everpure technical support at 1-800-279-9404Back to top
How do I find the part number I need?
If the part number you need is for a replacement cartridge, it is located on the cartridge’s label and is usually an 8 or 9 letter/digit combination beginning with the letters “EV”. If you need additional assistance, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our technical support number at 1-800-279-9404.Back to top
How often should I change my cartridges?
In order for our filters to perform as represented and to provide the best quality water possible, it is essential that filters be replaced periodically. We recommend replacing your filter cartridge when capacity is reached or at least once a year. The frequency of filter changes depends upon your water quality and your water usage. For example, if there is a lot of sediment and/or particles in your water, then you will have to change your filters more frequently than someone does with little to no sediment. Be sure to replace your filters whenever you notice a decline in the performance, whether it is a drop in flow rate and/or pressure or an unusual taste in the water.Back to top
How do I remove “used” cartridges and install new ones?
- Shut off water and relieve line pressure. For heads with built-in shut-off valve, fully lift handle until it stops.
- Hold head firmly. Push upward on cartridge and turn it to left 1/4 turn, until rotation stops.
- Pull cartridge out of head.
- Align new cartridge lug with head label. Hold head firmly. Insert new cartridge into head.
- Turn cartridge to right 1/4 turn until rotation stops.
- Turn on water supply. For heads with built-in valve, lower handle. Note: For head with revolving ring, make sure the valve handle locks firmly into the ring notch.
- Flush cartridge by running water through filtered faucet for three minutes to flush cartridge and purge it of air.
Why do cartridges plug up?
Because our cartridges are designed to remove contaminants and particles from the water, the cartridges will eventually plug as particles and contaminants are being captured. Therefore, plugging indicates that the cartridges are working efficiently.Back to top
Why do cartridges have to be flushed when first installed?
All carbon-based filters need to be flushed to remove any excess carbon fines that are inside the cartridges. New cartridges are filled with air; therefore, flushing also removes the air from inside the cartridges and replaces it with water. The flushing process will allow any carbon-based cartridge to function at optimum levels without affecting any equipment that may be attached.Back to top
What does it mean to be NSF certified?
Most Everpure filtration systems and replacement cartridges recommended for home use are certified by NSF—an independent not-for-profit organization that is committed to public health, safety and protection of the environment. The NSF has developed national standards for food, water, air and consumer goods, all of which are recognized world-wide. This certification, which is displayed on the cartridge’s label, provides assurance that the system has been independently evaluated to confirm its performance. For further information on NSF certification, please contact technical support at 1-800-279-9404 or visit the NSF Web site at www.nsf.org.Back to top
Is an Everpure drinking water system easy to install?
Yes, the Everpure systems are designed for easy installation. To install your system:
- Attach tubing to faucet, install faucet.
- Install fittings and tubing to head and tapping valve.
- Attach head to cabinet wall, attach tapping valve to cold water line.
- Insert Quick Change cartridge; open shut-off valve to turn on water.
Can I return my Everpure product that I purchased online?
Everpure systems and cartridges purchased directly from Everpure's official web site may be returned to Everpure as long as the following requirements are met:
- The system/cartridge must be in its original carton and packaging.
- The system/cartridge must be unused and in saleable condition.
- Proof of purchase is required.
If you decide to return your purchase, you must first contact Everpure Customer Care at 1-800-279-9404 to receive a Return Authorization Number. There is a 25 percent restocking fee for returned product unrelated to a warranty claim. If your return is warranty related, Everpure will pay return shipping charges; if your return is not warranty related, you are responsible for shipping costs.Back to top
Everpure product purchased from an Everpure dealer must be returned to the original retail location. Please contact your local dealer for further information.