Working Together to Protect the Environment
Everpure continually evaluates ways to employ sustainable environmental practices and reduce our manufacturing impact. We have many initiatives underway to conserve and improve our use of energy, water, waste and emissions. To keep with that mission, Everpure has endorsed the following environmental stewardship initiatives:
- Comply with or exceed laws and standards that are designed to protect the natural environment and employees
- Identify the most cost-effective and energy and water efficient processes for manufacturing needs
- Select suppliers who are committed to ethical and EHS standards and business practices
- Develop new technologies and product solutions that help customers address safety, energy and water use challenges
- Meet the high expectations of our shareholders, customers, employees and communities in which we operate
Making a Positive Impact with Our Zero Waste Manufacturing Facility
Pentair’s materials management process, LEAN Enterprise, helps us reduce and eliminate waste while maximizing the use of natural resources. To date, more than 45% of Pentair manufacturing sites have achieved zero landfill status, including our Hanover Park, Illinois, location where Everpure cartridges are manufactured.
A facility achieves zero waste by recycling or reusing all scrap materials that would normally be sent to landfills. Today, seven million of our total 15.2 million square feet of manufacturing space worldwide is landfill free. In 2008, Pentair also committed to being 100 percent bottled water free within all our facilities.
Premium Water Doesn't Have to be Wasteful.
As cities across the country; from San Francisco, to Ann Arbor, Mich., to Salt Lake City, have officially banned government expenditures on wasteful bottled water, Americans are getting the message loud and clear:
Bottled water is expensive, not necessarily cleaner than tap water, and is fraught with overwhelming environmental concerns such as:
- Roughly 80% of water bottles in the United States are not recycled, producing 22 billion plastic bottles which are added to landfills every year.
- Plastic bottles will not even begin to decompose for hundreds of years
- According to the Earth Policy Institute, last year the United States used more than one million barrels of oil to produce water bottles sold in the U.S. *This number does not include fuel used in global shipping.
Discover Peace of Mind with Everpure
The drawbacks of bottled water are as undeniable as the benefits of tap water. In addition to often costing more per gallon than gasoline, bottled water is subject to less-stringent government standards for quality than tap water. Tap water, on the other hand, is subject to strict quality standards set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, and is delivered to the home without trucks, ships, or trains, costing just pennies.
The benefits of tap water can be enhanced with a sleek, undercounter drinking water system. Everpure, the trusted manufacturer of coffee shops and restaurants nationwide, developed a line of residential commercial-grade water filtration systems designed to improve the quality and taste of your home’s tap water.
Unfiltered tap water may contain a wide variety of contaminants, such as lead, asbestos and giardia, which can pose serious health risks. Home drinking water filtration systems are an effective and efficient way to remove these contaminants so your family can enjoy quality drinking water and peace of mind, knowing there is minimal environmental impact and your water is clean. Everpure offers a wide range of filtration systems, each certified by the world's leading third-party testing agencies, like NSF International, to provide the highest quality drinking water.
"As additional government organizations and private establishments move to eliminate the environmental impact of bottled water, more homeowners will want to follow suit," said Neal White, national sales manager for Everpure. "Everpure drinking water filtration systems make it easier to enjoy fresh, delicious water, while protecting our valuable natural resources from the impact of plastic bottles."
Everpure filtration systems are certified to filter the most common contaminants that may be found in tap water, including:
- Chlorine taste and odor
- Dirt and cloudiness
- Oxidized minerals
- Cysts such as Giardia Lamlia and Cryptosporidium by mechanical means*
Certain Everpure drinking water systems also remove:
- Emerging contaminants such as pharmaceuticals and bisphenol-A (BPA)
- Volatile Organic Compounds
- MTBE (Methyl tertiary-butyl ether)
For homeowners whose tap water is sourced from areas with extreme water conditions, reverse osmosis may be required. Everpure PRO-RO, ROM II and ROM III systems also remove contaminants such as arsenic, lead, copper, sodium, nitrate/nitrite, fluoride, cysts and dissolved solids in addition to chlorine taste and odor.